Playing With The Laser Cutter

So I tried out my first serious project with the laser cutter after several trial runs to figure out how it works.
I downloaded the Spiderasaur schematics from Thingiverse ’cause I thought it looked kind of cool.
Ultimately I want to do one in Acrylic but for a start I just did one in 1/8″ hardboard as a proof of concept.
I had to do a little bit of sanding to get the abdominal sections to fit without binding but it otherwise fit together
very snugly.

I may try modifying the original schematic to extent the abdomen and space out the sections more to eliminate the binding.



Leave Comment